Sunday, October 5, 2014

Let the Purification Program begin!

This marks my 10th year teaching the Standard Process Purification Program.  It all started when I had an increasing number of patients telling me they felt toxic, just not well.  Their medical doctors told them their blood work was within normal range and there was no apparent health issue.  Time after time, this became a usual complaint in my office, "Dr. B, I just fell toxic, I can't explain it!"  So became my quest: to solve the issue of toxicity.

My studies in nutrition and toxicity ramped up.  I was hungry for the knowledge.  I spent most weekends in nutrition courses to learn every morsel about the liver and how it governed most functions in the body.  After over 1000+ hours in nutrition coursework, a certification as a Functional Medicine Practitioner and pending (waiting to take the boards) Diplomate in Clinical Nutrition, I feel humbly prepared to offer exquisite Wellcare to my patients.  Every discussion with my patients includes ideas, examples, education and advice on how to feel well, eat well, think well and move well.

This mission is what inspired me to search for a process to help patients with their "toxicity". I spent a long, inquisitive weekend at our FCA (Florida Chiropractic Association)
 convention on the quest for a process to take care of the "toxic waste" in my practice.  And, "Wow" was there some product information available.  So I took the time to listen, read and devour the information.  The one program that stood out to me was the Standard Process Purification Program (originally call the Detoxification Program).  Three reasons that I was attracted to this particular program: 1. The SP products are organic, whole food supplementation, 2. The program was 21 days.  I know that it takes 21 days to change a habit., and 3.  It accomplished Phase I and II liver detoxification.  Not to mention that it also lowered cholesterol and my participants lost weight. 

I'm not trying to be an infomercial, but I am in love with this program.  So much that I have personally done the Purification Program for the past 11 years, 2-3 times per year.  I can tell you that I have changed the way that I eat and have subtracted items that were causing damage.  These items have not returned to my diet since that first detox program.  So when introducing the program to my patients, I wanted them to know that I practice what I preach.  Thus I began teaching the Purification Program.  I designed a four week program that included the Purification kit, recipes, shopping list, instruction each week, an initial weigh in which included weight, BMI and % body fat, and then a weekly weigh in.  So began and continues, our Biannual Purification Program.

I will give you a weekly recap of our current classes.  We have two offices, so we have two classes of unique participants (mostly patients, but a few outside people).  My Eustis office wanted to connect on Facebook, so we created a secret page to share recipes, ask questions and celebrate wins.  My Winter Park office includes several husband and wives, doctors and other professionals.  Both groups are eager and are almost through their first week.  Stay tuned, we have a video to post, it is long but it was recorded during the first class.  I will present their success and hopefully minimal failures!  Here's to a healthy liver!

No comments:

Post a Comment