Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Purification Program Week Three

Standard Process Purification Program

Week Three 

Click here for Week Three Video



Everyone has survived fourteen days of change.  For some the changes have been drastic.  For others the changes are creating a new normal.  All involved have done one thing....lost weight!  Those skinny jeans are just around the corner.  Truthfully the changes are really deep.  Listening to the participants as they rejoice in another win after getting off the scale is one thing.  Most importantly, the changes in the discussions as they wait for the class to begin.  A common thread of conversation is how easy it has been to learn, experiment and enjoy eating healthy, organic meals.  They agree  that this 21 day process will lead to a "new normal" after the program has completed.  They are trying vegetables and fruits that they have never eaten before or prepared as a meal.  Even cooking and creating meals from recipes by those who always ate out every night.  As well figuring out how to survive going to social events and stay with the Program.

Each week I have prepared food, ie, Creamy Alfredo Cauliflower Sauce with Zoodles and Broccoli Asparagus Soup, to allow the group to taste great food that is healthy and a creative way to present it as a meal.  They are able to experience the  use of veggies and fruit in a way other than just steaming or eating them raw.  I get such joy to watch the doubters sample my creations and be shocked of the flavors and that the ingredients are "legal" on the Purification Program.  Also foods that you would have never thought of at different meals.  This morning I prepared "Sweet Potato Pancakes with blueberries" which were quite tasty, despite me making a mess in the kitchen.  And it was legal on the Purification Program.


Patient C:

Week Three of My Journey

With a new week comes another weigh-in.  This week I step on the scale more confident than last week.  As Dr. B’s assistant places the weights in the right place, she says  “you lost three more pounds. Six pounds to date.”  I was pleased, yet disappointed.  I was hoping for more of a loss.  When talking with Dr. B, we went over where I could have made better choices and it came down to that I didn’t exercise but once that week.  I was frustrated that yet once again I allowed the craziness of my life to take priority over self-care.  I am trying to be kind to myself, acknowledge the lesson, and take positive steps to do better. 

During this week I have discovered that living this way long-term is easier than I thought, as long as you have a plan and are prepared.  I have been having fun experimenting with the recipes we get from class, cookbooks, and peers.  I had some big hits like Dr. B’s Famous Guacamole and Balsamic Chicken, and some not-so-great attempts at other recipes. 

Class is always insightful.  This week we talked about the importance of reading labels.  Just because a label claims to be “fat free” or “sugar free” doesn’t mean it’s true.  See there are all sorts of sneaky ways manufacturers can hide ingredients, if you are not aware of what to look for.  We also learned the benefits of eating organic local foods.  Yes, organic can be more expensive, but in the long run is it really?  Think about how much money it costs to treat a disease.  So every time we shop we either invest in our health or our sickness, which one do you choose?

It boils down to choice and that one degree of change.  It is not difficult.  It is truly about wanting something better for yourself.  I don't care how wealthy you are, you cannot buy your health.  Treasure your health after all you are responsible for it, no one else can do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment