Saturday, October 18, 2014

Purification Week Two!



This group of participants has been amazing.  The sharing of recipes and support has been so wonderful to be a part of as a practitioner.  The premise of the Purification Program is formulated around the "One degree of Change".  That one degree of change can be as simple as adding one new food into your diet, drinking more water, drinking one less soda a day, walking 10,000 steps a day or buying local produce.  During my morning workout, I was thinking about how one degree of change has been a big part of my life.  I look back through the years, I smile at how all the "one degree of change" has affected my life.  As a pilot the one degree of change in my flight plan can take me in a new direction.  I have applied this simple technique in my career by taking that one degree of change by taking the time with patients to remind them to feed their bodies properly.  Personally, I made a change in our household by composting all the kitchen leftovers to reduce our carbon footprint.  Ten years ago when I began my first purification program, I stopped drinking soda and diet soda.  Physically, a created a fitness plan that incorporated exercise into my morning everyday of the week.  I also adopted a habit of saying ten things I am grateful for each morning, my gratitude list.

This is one of the posts from a couple doing the Standard Process Purification Program together:

"36 1/2 years ago when we got married my husband asked me to never make him brussel sprouts as he couldn't stand them. Easy enough for me to agree to as I also can't stand them. Well, 1 degree of change, tonight was the night. I decided to roast brussel sprouts, asparagus (which I have never made before either), eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, and onions. I didn't tell him and just put the plate in front of him. It was delicious!! He didnt' know he was eating the brussel sprouts and really liked the meal. Once I told him he was shocked. We have leftovers and are both looking forward to eating it!! 1 degree of change works!!"  J W



Patient C:
Week Two of My Journey

With the beginning of week two is our first weigh-in.  I was excited and nervous, what if all my work didn’t yield results?  I noticed my breathing as I stepped on the scale, three pound loss! Whew…. I was pleased to see progress and it immediately fueled my spirits. 

During this class, we learned the importance of exercise.  Since we used to be hunters and gatherers walking to seek food, to now having the ability to drive up to a window for it, our physical activity has almost ceased to exist for most people.  We learned that we should take at least 10,000 steps a day.  There is a lot of technology today that can help us with tracking our movement such as phone apps and tools like the Pulse.

I also learned that most of us are committing a crime when we eat.  We are guilty of DWE, Drinking While Eating.  When we consume liquid while we are eating, we dilute our digestive fluids making it more difficult for our body to properly digest food.  

Dr. B also taught us to sit down and enjoy our foods.    To take time to chew our food properly.  To put our fork down between bites. To give thanks for the land, the farmers, and the person who prepared the meal.

Week Two brings a change in supplementation.  We switch from using SP Cleanse to SP Green Food for the next two weeks.  This helps continue the phase II detoxification of the liver at a time when the liver is removing toxic byproducts of the initial toxins.  This is the time when the chemical and environmental toxins accumulated by the liver are being purged.  Participants are feeling lighter, have clearer thinking, sleeping well and less joint pain.  These are all symptoms of toxicity.  

I am so proud of my groups.  What could your "One degree of Change" be for this month?




No comments:

Post a Comment