Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Let the Journey Begin! Week One of the Standard Process Purification Program



Let the Journey Begin!
 
The Purification journey has begun for my two offices.  Each time I teach a class, I come home and say to my wife, " This is the best class ever!", and I have done it again.  I love teaching my passion of health and nutrition.  Both of my groups are doing so well.  They have entered into their second week of the program.  I have a patient that is journaling her experience and I was given permission to share her experience.  I feel it is important that you hear it from the patient stand point, not just mine. Here is the start of her journey on the Purification Program!
 
 
Patient C
My 21 day cleansing journey
I agreed to take on Dr. B’s challenge of the Standard Process Purification Program.  I was at a crucial point in my life.  I had a lot of personal challenges and with that comes stress.  I had gained about 15 lbs. and I wasn’t feeling very confident or good about myself.  At first I was very excited about it.  I read the program outline, researched recipes and made shopping lists.  As the start date neared I would call Dr. B with excuses, I worried because I can’t be cranky I am starting a new job, I have adrenal fatigue I don’t think it’s a good idea, etc.  Dr. B’s response was the same to each “this is perfect time and exactly what you need.”  The day of the cleanse I caught myself having a hissy fit! How am I going to live without coffee?  Great now I have to cook 2 meals instead of one! How am I going to live without sugar and bread?  I had to stop and check in to see really what was going on.  I then realized I was scared, what if I fail, what it…. fill in your blank.  In that moment I realized “The Purification Program” is more aligned with the way I truly want to live my life and I needed to do it.  That day I headed to the first cleansing class, still not convinced that I wanted to be there.  By the time I walked out I felt empowered and confident that I could indeed be successful! 

 The first day the hardest thing for me was giving up my morning coffee.  I had weaned it down prior to starting, but I actually like the way coffee taste so much so I drink it black.  I can’t believe I actually made it through a day without it!  I did have a slight headache, but my sense of accomplishment far outweighed the consequence.  I truly didn’t think I could ever give up coffee even though I deep down I really wanted to for my overall health.    My second day was a little more challenging because I was tried, ache and had brain fog.  Since that day I have noticed that my energy is increasing and my thoughts where becoming clearer. 

Attending the classes is a crucial part of the program.  We learned great information; why cleansing is necessary, nutrition, and recipes.  But the most important piece Dr. B shared was with us was being prepared.  She told us to take time to plan out 3-4 days in advance and to always have healthy snacks with you.  This was a lifesaver for me when my boyfriend said yes to a last minute football game gathering at his sister’s house.  I had prepared some items ahead so I packed my own food and we headed over.  There was a lot of temptation with alcohol, snacks and BBQ.  It was hard not to surrender to the peer pressure and cravings.  If I hadn’t been prepared I could have sabotaged it all in second.  All the hard work and dedication I had put into myself the days prior.  Think of the feast of self negative talk I would have had.  As the days are passing I am feeling my confidence in successfully completely not only the next few weeks, but a new way of living!
 
I will keep you posted on her progress!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment